Friday, May 26, 2006

Puppies are now 6 weeks old

Now comes the fun part. Our pups are 6 weeks old and we are trying to find them new homes. We had been letting them just have their own corner of my office here, since we have a tile floor, but that is no longer working. The little escape artists have figured out how to get loose and chew on cords and other things. Last night was the final straw. When I woke up this am, most of the books on my lower shelves had been chewed on (I had already cleared the bottom shelf just in case). I guess it doesn't help that I am not really a dog person.

Today, they are outside, in the fenced in play area near the barn, crying pitifully because they are lonesome (outside rather than chewing on my toes while I check my email), and I both feel bad and NOT. I am taking a break from cleaning up my office, and setting up the doggie crate in here for the pups, and generally reclaiming my office. My husband says this is a misnomer since technically this far from the rest of the household little room is *supposed* to be the "guest bedroom". Pshaw--it's used as my personal fortress of solitude during the 99% of the time that we don't have an overnight guest.

Later, Kimbers
www.joyfulmomma.org for resources to encourage mommas everywhere
www.kimberlyeddydesign.net for graphic and web design services

No comments: