Monday, November 06, 2006

Last week happenings

Last week we had Missions conference in our church, which I look forward to every year. I have been sitting here thinking of how to sum that all up for my blog, and my thoughts are all swirling around.

It is a blessing to have children who long to serve the Lord in whatever way they are able to. I can say with John, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 4). It really is a joy for this mom to see children come up with ways to be a blessing to others without me nudging them on! My kids, each year, talk to the missionaries, and they also try to make them each cookies to take with them on the last day. This year, we did ginger bread cookies.


It's also a blessing to be challenged about needs that extend beyond ourselves and our immediate area. Wowie.

Then there's the blessing of being reminded of the faithfulness of our God, and how we can trust Him with our every need. I think that is a reminder we can all use! Trusting God goes beyond one or two of our pet issues, and encompasses the whole of our lives...a life truely yielded to God, where we are willingly obedient to Him.

It always amazes me when parents are negative about their children becoming missionaries or wanting to serve God in some way. I am so thankful that my children are tender about being yielded to God. I've always told them...all I want for you guys is to be in the center of God's will, whatever that ends up being. Amen?

Have a great week.
Kimberly

No comments: