Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ravioli


I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat for dinner the other night. Looking in the fridge, I had some wonton wrappers, and I had some ground turkey, but it is too hot for wonton soup. Instead I made some Ravioli with fresh herbs and ground turkey in a marinara sauce.

It goes like this:

Mix a pound of ground turkey with the seasonings of your choice and one egg. My seasonings were fresh basil, fresh marjoram, fresh parsley, fresh chives, a finely minced red onion, and a finely minced clove of elephant garlic. I mixed this all well.

I slowly made my raviolis, one at a time, by adding a rounded tablespoon of mix in the center of a wonton wrapper, and then folding it over, and sealing it with water on the tip of my finger.

I brought a shallow pan of water to boil, and boiled the ravioli for 3-4 minutes each. This is just long enough to cook the noodles and steam the meat inside. Overcooking results in mush.

While I did this I also made a marinara sauce with tomato sauce, basil, oregano, marjoram, onions, garlic, and a dash of worchestershire sauce.

I served these on small plates, with the sauce carefully spooned over, garnished with purple leaf basil from my garden. Perfection!

No comments: