Saturday, January 20, 2007

Slothful Saturdays

It's a lazy Saturday here at our house ;)

For my husband's birthday, I am making Shish Kebobs for him as a special meal. He commented recently that he had a hankering for them. However, in the mean while, we have been sitting around doing some laundry, reading, talking, listening to music, and doing some light clean up, and basically staying in doors.

My daughter woke up this morning and decided it was too cold to go to the snow activity that they were having for the youth group, and so she much rather stayed home bundled in her sweats, drinking hot tea than going sledding. So much for looking forward to going sledding. Ha.

I think the only problem with really enjoying the snow is that it is too cold outside to really have a lot of fun. Of course if it gets warmer, then there is no snow so it's a bit of a catch 22 isn't it?

I am happy to see that my washing machine is not broken (praise God). I was wondering as I had one load of laundry overflow recently, but it must have been a fluke as it hasn't done that again. Of course, when digging around looking for the warranty of our less-than-one-year-old washer, I couldn't find it. I could find the warranty for every appliance I have ever owned EXCEPT the one that was malfunctioning. I have learned to keep all of those in the same place, but somehow the one I need at that moment always finds its way somewhere else. Why is that?

No comments: