Thursday, July 12, 2007

Listen to Grace Talk Soup

I almost feel famous :-)

I had the unique pleasure of being a guest on Jo Jo Taberes' Podcast, Grace Talk Soup today. You can download it either from her website or through I-tunes.

It is always a pleasure to share my testimony and to talk about what God has done in my life, so this was a blessing to be sure. :-). I was rather nervous--writing and illustration are much easier methods of communication for me at times, and so I was praying for the wisdom and grace to say what the Lord would have me say, and though I think I sound nervous, I'm happy with how it turned out.

It's sort of funny...today we were having a garage sale...lol...long story. A friend was moving out of state and because her house was down a dirt road in the middle of no where, she didn't do to well with her garage sale, so I said I'd try to have one for her...I was going to do it next weekend, but then I found out there was going to be a community wide garage sale going on in our neighborhood, so I figured this would be a good time to do it (someone else doing the advertizing). I no sooner had my sign at the street, than I had five people all buying things, which is of course really awesome :-)). While I did the interview with Jo Jo, I left my oldest in charge, and told her that if there is any question of what something costs, just say a quarter and let them have it...but whatever you do, don't let there be any obnoxious background noise (keep in mind, my one book is called Quiet Times in LOUD households...for a reason too!). Anyway, I also bought a box of Fudgesicles with which to bribe not only my own children but also the neighbor's kids as well. I told them that everyone gets a popicle only if everyone is quiet...to encourage them to help each other be good ;). By the time the interview was over, I had 9 faces in the window with a sign that read, "WE WERE QUIET :-))" ...of course I had to deliver on my promise :-))

Blessings,
Kimberly

No comments: