Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where has the summer gone?

Here it is, already the end of August...how did that happen?

In case anyone is wondering, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I've only been crazy busy with life as a Joyful Momma :-) It's been one of those good kinds of busy.

Firstly, I've canned up 7 bushels of tomatoes into well over 100 quarts of salsa (though I am not sure of the exact total...I'm still lining up my jars on the basement shelves)...and 40 quarts of pickle relish (believe it or not, i fear that may not be enough the way my guys eat relish around here). I've frozen what seems like a million (but probably isn't) basil, cilantro, and fresh tarragon ice cubes for later usage in recipes calling for the use of fresh herbs. This way, you get about 2-3 T of fresh chopped herbs in a handy package. :-) (note: don't create water ice cubes with trays after using them for this purpose as they sometimes retain the flavor)

Then I've still be sanding cabinet doors for my kitchen (with the help of children), and painting cabinets....I'm not sure how it is that we still aren't done...it seems like we've done this all summer LOL...but it's been a good time.

where on earth did all of those weeds come from in the garden?????

I fixed my shopping cart, and then realized I deleted my database (doh!)...Thankfully I did have a backup, but unfortuately, I can't figure out how to use the backup to insert this jumble of information into the MySQL database...I guess that is going to be my new lesson learned---MySQL Rescue and Repair. LOL What this means is that anyone who is a returning customer may have to re-create an account.

Of course, summer has also invovled a lot of watermelon eating, bon fires, s'mores, trips to the lake to swim with the turtles, playing with my MiniDV camera, working at VBS, going for walks, having a house full of neighbor kids, and looking at the stars....but it will be nice to get back to our school routine too.

2 comments:

Word Warrior said...

Hi!

Your summer sounds so fun (and productive)! I'm just waddling around (8 1/2 months pregnant) trying to endure the heat (it has been 103 degrees here, for, I think, 13 days in a row, with like 80 percent humidity!) and not be too much of a burden on my 6 other precious little ones :-)

I was thinking today..."I'm just surviving". And I don't like that feeling...I want to be more productive, but I just can't muster the energy or inspiration!

I must remember that it's only a season, right?

By the way, this is Kelly, the CD gal...hope you're still singing God's Word!

ChicoryChick said...

Glad to know you didnt fall off the face of the earth. I had my baby in case you didnt hear the news! Been freezing my tomatoes to can later (I plan on just making sauce). I am hoping to dry basil, dill & rosemary that I have grown, but they (the dill and basil) have already flowered so I dont know if its to late!

Anyway sounds like you are having a fun summer except for the puter problem.