Friday, September 21, 2007

Piano Lessons

I wish I had piano lessons when I was a kid.

I've always been passionate about music, and have always longed to be able to play. I started piano lessons a few weeks ago...and making progress. This has been an interesting year for me as I have been not only doing piano, but also gotten involved with the Handbell Choir at church...woo hoo.

This morning, we again awoke early, did about 25 minutes of Pilates and then walked a mile with the kids around our neighborhood in the early dawn. I got some more good news too...I went to the chiropractor for the first time in many months, and I weighed in on their scale. Last time I was their (in May), I weighed in about 40 lbs more than I do right now!!! I was so discouraged by the weight gain that I really haven't stepped on a scale in a while. I guess maybe all of that salad, fruit, and walking has paid off. We have eaten salad 4 out of 7 nights this summer, and I have taken a walk most days, too. Woo Hoo.

1 comment:

deb said...

Hooray, what a blessing to have lost those forty pounds. Good for you. Taking off pounds can be difficult. And how great that you are starting piano lessons. You sound like quite an adventurer.