Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Warning Labels

Warning labels have always amused me, mostly because the warnings are usually either painfully obvious or bizarre.

For example, on my phone's MP3 player, when I turn it on, I get a warning that says this "You are about to listen to music at a higher-than-recommended volume. Doing so may result to hearing damage. Please turn your volume down for your own safety.By pressing continue you acknowledge the danger and wish to proceed anyway"

It should actually read:

"having listened to too much loud music in my younger years, and having gone to too many wild rock concerts in my b.c. days, by pressing "continue" I acknowledge that I now need to listen to my mp3 player at a higher than recommended volume in order to even hear that it is on".

No comments: