Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome, 2008!

Happy New Year (nearly 24 hours later...)

I'm playing catch up right now because of some crazy busy-ness in my life. I am helping with the launch of The Homemaker's Mentor, a new website from Martha Greene of Marmee Dear and Company and Rebekah Wilson of Hope Chest Legacy. Together they are creating an online mentoring site (by subscription), and it launched today. My role in this venture is that of web designer and techie. Thankfully, my husband has been home the last few days, and so I have spent more time that I normally would prefer on the computer and the phone, helping smooth out the rough edges and make things work properly. It looks to be a promising venture that is sure to bless many.

I was thinking about the whole concept of new years resolutions recently, as I was reading in the Word and meditating on the topic of goals and plans. I am a list maker and so I tend to keep an open notebook with a running to-do list, as well as several notebooks for books-in-progress. I was just starting to write down my goals for 2008 as I reviewed my goals for 2007....and it occurred to me how universal it is to have this desire for a fresh start and clean slate. Maybe I just have some issues relating to an obsession with office supply products (forget the mall, give me a gift card to office depot!), and my excitement over putting in clean, fresh, new calendar pages into my planner and tossing the old year's calendars once and for all.

God gives us a clean slate each and every morning! This verse was in my head and heart as I did my planning,


"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.


Oh, thank you Jesus! Woo!

We can have a new, clean slate each and every day! We dont' have to wait for January 1st of 2009 if we fail...we can run boldly to the throne of grace right now (Hebrews 4:12). God is so good.

I do still have my list though ;)

Here's my list from last year--personal items left off-- (with my report card):

1. Faithful quiet time, both personally and with the children (check, mostly)
2. Complete the Reformer's Unanimous Stronghold's course (check--did that in September and now am on my 2nd time through).
3. Teach and train Ruth to use Quickbooks and do data entry for me(check--what a blessing).
4. Have at least $xxx in the savings account (nope...maybe next year lol)
5. Keep my office clean (well, it's clean now...sort of....)
6. Install my countertops and fix the kitchen cabinets (we're half way there--the rotting countertop is gone, the new one is in, but the cabinets still need work).
7. Train the kids to do their own laundry...check :-) (thank GOD!)
8. Do more marketing of my website (check...but bummer. Did more marketing but got less business...how does that work? LOL)
9. Learn to play the piano (check...I played in church the other week...not particularly well...but I played.LOL)
10. Finish my video curriculum "The Art and Tech of Web Design 1" (uh....not quite. Too busy designing websites to write and film about designing websites).
11. Have kids finish interactive children's ebooks "Mommy's Garden Helper", Mommy's Kitchen Helper", and the Stewardship book....(not quite done...they did a lot of artwork for them but we are still working on the format...expect these near the summer months).
12. Lose 75 lbs. (not quite. I lost 46...well actually I lost and then gained, and then lost again...but last year's January weight minus this years is 46 lbs!)

My goals for 2008 (personal goals left off ;))...Lord willing I want to:
1. Faithful Quiet Time personally and with the kids.
2. Keep learning piano for fun...
3. Finish "The Art and Tech of Web Design 1" by June.
4. Work with kids to finish the interactive ebooks, as well as making "Advent" into an interactive ebook.
5. Write some more articles, and keep my site up to date.
6. Work with the kids on writing skills.
7. Help Ruth launch her business idea.
8. Get some cabinet doors, Lord willing.LOL Painted too!
9. Finish Cartooning Ebook/Video for home schoolers (this is based on my co-op class).
10. Lose 50 lbs, and get that nasty word "obese" stricken from my medical records.

No comments: