Friday, May 16, 2008

Kroger Deals

Until three weeks ago, I rarely graced the doors of my local Kroger Grocery store. Normally, I get most of my groceries at Meijers or Walmart, with many bulk foods from a local bulk food store, and meats from a meat market near my husband's work. But, a friend told me of a great deal that Kroger has started, and I wanted to pass this along.

If you have a Kroger with a gas station, and you spend at least $200 in groceries from Kroger each month, you get $0.10 cents off per gallon. The discount goes up based on how much you spend on groceries each month. You have to have a Kroger Plus card (they're free).

I've been getting Kroger circulars in the mail each week, and the last few weeks they've had several 10 for $10 deals on things that normally cost much more...including red peppers (normally $2.49+ each), salad dressings, bags of tortilla chips, bottles of shampoo, bags of frozen vegetables, ice cream, and so on. Overall, I've saved quite a bit of money the last couple of weeks at Kroger, while restocking my pantry. I still shopped elsewhere for other necessities that I could get for less at other places, but overall, the groceries, toiletries, and gas has been a huge savings.

No comments: