Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Recovery from a 2 week old dental visit

I'm trying to recover from some sort of nasty bug I have caught. I think these are the days when mothering is hard...when you are caring for your family while fighting off the urge to puke. Yeah, basically I've been on the old Saltines and Vernors diet for the last 2 weeks, and I finally broke down and bought a pregnancy test tonight after church because when the flu lasts longer than 3 days it usually turns out to be that nine month strain of the flu ;). The test was negative.

Does anyone know if you can feel flu-ish after being worked on at the dentist? I am going to call tomorrow (finally)...I know I procrastinate on these things...to be sure, I'd rather give birth (without drugs) than go to the dentist any day of the week. I'm not sure why the dentist is such a torturous thing for me, but it is.

It all started when I was told, at my last checkup (I get annual checkups every 3-5 years ;)), that one of my very old fillings from childhood is starting to look like it is going to fall out. Because I have been reading all about getting the silver taken out of my mouth (but not really wanting to go to the dentist to have every one of my teeth drilled upon...because of a congenital problem with enamel not forming properly on my teeth, I have fillings in all of them)...I thought, well this would be a good occasion to get the fillings changed out of at least one tooth.

That was a bad idea. Or maybe it is just coincidence. Maybe we all were going to be sick anyway...and it just coincided with the dentist visit.

I have been sick for the last 2 weeks, and I can't shake it.

To be sure, everyone else in the family has caught whatever I have, but not quite to the same extreme. They've all been sick for a day, then back and raring to go the next. My hubby was sick for a few days, but he too made a nice recovery. Me, well, every time I think I am getting better I realize I'm not the second I eat anything other than Saltines.

Hubby reminded me that I have been trying to lose those last 40 pounds without much luck, and that this may finally help me get there. If that's the case, it will be around for weeks more before I hit my 40 lb goal ;)

No comments: