Friday, September 15, 2006

Fruit at McDonalds??!?

It's funny how I always think of cool blogs when I am far away from my
computer.

Am I the only person out there who preaches to myself while in the car?
There are times when I put my cell phone head set on so people don't think I
am crazy. While in my car I have also come up with some great blog ideas,
but lo and behold, they are gone and out of my head by the time I am back at
my computer! What a bother.

One occurred to me the other day, while we were redeeming some McDonald's
gift certificates at the Golden Arches. We don't make it a habit of going
there too much at all, but it is sort of fun to have greasy, salty food on
special occasions, to make us appreciate home cooking :-). While there, I
noticed something really weird. They sell fruit at McDonalds. I was told by
the person I asked that this has been going on for a while now.

It made me wonder--do people drive by MCDONALDS and say.....geeee am I just
hankering for some FRUIT?!?!?

I doubt it.

They certainly don't go to McDonald's and order fruit because of what a
"good deal" it is either--although the McDonald's workers slice your apples
and cut out the cores for you just like mommy used to, they charge quite a
bit to do so. I can buy a bag of apples for that price!

Then there is something to be said of what I am assuming the flavor of an
apple that has been sitting around a greasy place like McDonalds would be. I
used to work at Mister Donut while in college, and I worked summers at
Dunkin Donuts. I know what I smelled like. I remember going to a funeral,
after having showered and changed clothes, only to have everyone say, "I
smell donuts!" whenever I came near. I can only assume that the apples are
going to taste like they have been sitting in proximity to one of those
fryers. Yuck.

Anyway, that was sort of a fun thought I had the other day, but since I
don't have a laptop (it is on my wish list), I had to settle for writing
this all out on the back of a receipt I got from buying gasoline.

No comments: