Sunday, September 10, 2006

Learning New Things Doesn't Stop at Graduation

Learning to do anything new is always a bit of a challenge, but I find that learning new things is also one of those things that makes life fun. With older children, it is even more fun to me to watch them "get it", sometimes even before I do. Ah, I must be getting old.
 
I have been trying to configure my new shopping cart and to set up more payment modules than just paypal or check/money order by mail, because so many people request more. Well, that part has proven to be a bit of a challenge ;). I also wanted to learn how to set up my shopping cart to offer sales to newsletter subscribers. Thankfully, though none of my children have figured out how to configure Verisign Payflow Pro to my shopping cart (bummer), my youngin's did figure out how to set up my sales on my website, and do coupons too.
 
In fact, they spent a good deal of time trying to figure out how to come up with cool and catchy sales slogans for the coming months and weeks. They created a special September "yeah, we got the shopping cart to work" coupon that offers my newsletter subscribers $5 off all purchases of $20 or more for this week. Not signed up for my newsletter? go to www.joyfulmomma.org/bookstore and log yourself in as a new customer to sign up. I will send out the coupon information when you register!
 
Kimberly
 
 

No comments: