Friday, August 15, 2008

Oriental Salad

We had a get-together thingy at church recently, and I always struggle with knowing what to make. Maybe because I have weird food tastes? Hm, not sure. I don't do "potato salad" in the American style (with mayo)...and I don't like traditional pasta salad either...but no one seems to touch my potato salad when I make it nor my rotini pesto salad (maybe because it's green? hmmm)

This year, I decided to make Oriental Salad. It's pretty easy, and probably pretty healthy too.

Start by shredding a head of cabbage (any kind), and crunching up a bag of raman noodles (oriental flavor). Toss the two together.

Add in 1 sliced onion, 1 sliced red onion, a bag of slivered almonds, some sesame seeds, and shredded carrots.

For the sauce, I mixed in a wide mouth jar:

2T of sesame oil
the flavor packet from the Raman Noodle Soup
1/4c. of rice vinegar (it can be seasoned or unseasoned)
1/2 c. of oil of any sort.
2t of ginger
2t. of garlic
1/4c. of sugar

About an hour before dinner, I shook the dressing well, and poured it over the top of the salad, and tossed it well. With sitting the noodles (uncooked) soften a bit.


Yum!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow Kimberly I just finished your ebook Thriving and I thank you so very much! You have and will continue to help my family. I learned so much reading that ebook, I thought I was doing great fruglly but realized there was so much more to learn! Again you are amazing! THANK YOU and GOD bless you!

Lisa