Sunday, August 17, 2008

Using the Leftover Whole Grain Pilaf




Remember that whole grain pilaf I made with the grilled chicken the other night? Well, we had more than half of it leftover, and I wasn't sure what to do with it, since we ate all the chicken. I finally decided on repurposing the rice pilaf into something else entirely.

First, I had thawed some ground beef for spaghetti only to realize at the last minute that I had no spaghetti noodles to speak of, so I heated up my wok, browned (and drained) the ground beef, and seasoned it with a variety of oriental style seasonings, such as chinese five spices, sesame oil, a splash of rice vinegar, some lemon grass, and ginger.


I had a touch of that peanut sauce left over, and so I poured out the rest of the bottle in there, and added some teriyaki too.



Next, I mixed in the rice pilaf, and stirred it well, allowing it to gently simmer with the lid on, until it was fresh and new again. Garnish with sliced up green onions.

No comments: