Monday, April 14, 2008

Revival Days

At our church this week, we are having some truly awesome revival meetings. Well ok, so it's only Monday. Sunday's services were awesome, though.

I think we sometimes think we are doin' alright because we haven't committed any of the "big sins" and we have been doing the right things most of the time, and like soup that's been sitting on the table during the whole meal, after a while things get a little lukewarm....and you know what Jesus says about lukewarm (Revelation 3:16).

There needs to be a time in each Christian's life where they get back to basics with God, and do some "spring cleaning" in their spiritual life, clearing out the cobwebs, breaking up the fallow ground, and experiencing some rest, refreshing, and renewal. I'm standing in the need of prayer and revival. :-) I was so challenged yesterday, in particular, by the thought that being filled with the Holy Spirit isn't about "having the Holy Spirit" but letting the Holy Spirit HAVE ME completely. I so want my life to be that surrendered to God.

I've been doing the church's website lately too, which has been a blessing. I love to be able to serve but God has given me some talents that don't always translate well into service at my local church....web design, graphic design, illustrator, writer....so it's been so exciting to get to do this with my children. They've helped with many of the graphics too. Woo hoo. And, I am working on turning the sermons into an Itunes podcast (it's been submitted, but now just needs to be approved). You can see the still-work-in-progress website at www.fostoriabaptist.org).

No comments: