Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sometimes we think backwards....

Sometimes we have backwards thinking....I was just reminded of that in myself this afternoon.

I was about to make bread and I pulled out my Whispermill, which my dh let me purchase from The Urban Homemaker a few Christmases ago, and I started to cry. Duane Moll, who ran the Urban Homemaker with his wife Marilyn, went home to be with Jesus a week ago last Sunday. He helped me on the phone when I ordered it, and we had a conversation about breadmaking and how my husband has gone from finding a wheat grinder an insane idea to being totally addicted to fresh ground wheat bread, and also what a blessing their catalogue and business has been to us, and we had a nice conversation, and later I did a teleseminar on bread baking with Marilyn, who is a sweet Titus 2 woman. Just pulling it out made me think of them (it usually does!). I started praying for Marilyn and the kids...and then thinking how sad for a man so young to be gone, when the Lord moved on my heart...He's not gone; he's with the Lord Almighty. I guess we know that in our heads but not always in our hearts, kwim? As much as I bet he'd still like to be with his family, he's in the presence of Jesus Christ, and that is am amazing thing. I feel like I go through that same thought process whenever someone I know steps into eternity.

Last night at church our pastor said something that popped into my mind at that moment...about how we spend lots of time praying for sick saints...essentially praying to keep Christians from heaven...and we need to pray even more fervently to keep sinners from hell instead. (very loose paraphrase).

Heaven....

Are you looking forward to it? Do you have any friends, family, or acquaintances waiting for you there? Have you brought anyone else to the saving faith that will get them there too?

When I die....I don't think I want anyone mourning about it. If you come to my funeral, wear some purple flip flops and absolutely no black. Rejoice instead, because heaven is far better than this place, as awesome as His creation here on earth is. Im' sure my family will miss me...and I'll regret missing out on parts of their lives...but I'll want them to remember that "to be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord.", and I will rejoice knowing that each of my children, as well as my husband, has trusted in Christ for their salvation.

Have you? Will you be there in heaven too? I hope so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen and amen
love you!

blessings, Penny Raine
http://www.pennyraine.com/blog

Anonymous said...

hello i am new to your post and wanted to let you know what a blessing your blog is to me. My dad is a baptist preacher and has always said when he dies he will have just started living and i believe that is the truth. we serve an amazing God and everyday just keeps getting better and better. I would also like to ask you about your bread recipes, i love making bread for my family and friends but i can't get my bread to last very long and sometimes it is very dense, so if you have any helpful hints i would greatly appreciate it. Your sister in Christ, brandie