Thursday, October 18, 2007

Family Fitness Thursday! 10/18

The teens are taking a digital photography class in the area with a homeschool mom, which has afforded them much exercise--walking around with a camera is still walking, and it is exercise without realizing it. Anything that gets you outside and moving! Maybe I'll post some of their photos soon.

As for the rest of us, we are continuing with our program of walking, light weight training and stretching. We were able to add some reps and sets to the weight training and stretching because it was getting "too easy". Everything I've read about exercise indicates that doing reps and sets while exercising, instead of just doing some round number like "20" is better for you. For example, when we do arm curls with the 3lb weights (the little one uses a 1lb weight), I do five with one arm, then five with the other arm, and I do that 4 times. So...4 sets of 5 reps. It gives you some rest between. Check it out online for more information.

As for progress...I'm a total boot freak...I love wearing boots! However, when you are a "Certain weight" it is not possible to wear (and zip up) tall boots (which I love to wear with skirts/dresses in the winter). Well, progress: I can wear boots that go to my knees--and zip them up all the way. to be fair, my calves weren't huge as I've seen others--most of my weight is in the middle and my legs looked actually skinny compared to the rest of me...but now they have apparently gotten much toner. Yippie.

I'd love to say it's the potato soup, but I think it would be more accurate to say it is IN SPITE OF the potato soup. LOL

No comments: