Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Van Issues and Great Deals

With living rurally, we use our van quite a bit. It gets us shopping, to homeschool co-op, and to church. Our van was such a blessing when we got it--after years of using a station wagon that we all barely fit in, friends of ours sold us their old van for about the same amount we'd pay for a set of tires--it was amazing. The van had about 300,000 miles on it, but we were grateful just for a van. Well it seems those miles have caught up on the van now....the transmission is going. When I tried to leave this morning for an appointment, the van started but it didn't move anywhere, even after I let it warm up for a while. Tonight, it carried us to church, albeit slowly, and only after warming up for a half an hour. Unfortunately, we just got done sinking money into my husband's work car, and so we quite short on getting the van fixed.

I was praying about this today when the Lord gave me an idea...Starting Friday, there is going to be QUITE an amazing sale at my website. I am not only going to make everything in my store 25% off, I am also going to be selling special bundles of my products and the products of many others who are donating them just for this special sale, to see if I can make enough to take Ol' Bessie into the shop, or maybe even look for a van with less miles on it.

Stay tuned for more details!

No comments: