Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thank You!

The firesale is over, and I wanted to express my thanks.

I didn't make enough to fix the transmission, but thankfully someone from church did something to it to make it run for a little while longer. His comment was "Don't drive unless necessary in this, but for the time being, it will at least get you to the necessary places. BUT...don't wait too long to get it fixed"...okay, so that is the game plan! We're going to save up for the transmission (all I want for Christmas is a new transmission, honey!). For my birthday, my mom's husband is going to install my shock absorbers which I was able to buy with the fire sale money so I don't bounce and shake as I drive anymore. Those have been broken for a year now...but at the urging of some friends who don't like the noises my van makes...I'm fixing those now.

I am so thankful to the Lord for providing me with a van in the first place...I know a lot of families don't have two vehicles--maybe some of you! I think it would be more expensive for us to have one vehicle, as a vehicle that fits our whole family would be pricey for my husband to drive to work each day. Vans don't get as good of gas milage as little Saturns do. We were without a vehicle for a while in our family, and only my dh had a car to go to work in. We missed going to church as a family, and were so thankful when God provided this van, even with it's many miles and funny noises ;)

We had a storm at our house the other day...well not at our house but near us. There were tornadoes near us--scary! You probably heard about it on the news. The baby that was found in his crib under the rubble when the house was blown apart by the twister is not very far from us...so we have spent most of the weekend cleaning up the yard. While out there, I finally decided to plant some bulbs that were on sale (love them sales!)...I have tulips, daffodils, and crocuses. I already have quite a few planted, but there were some spots where I felt like I could use some more color in the spring. I also dug up some irises, separating them, and replanting them in other places. Somehow a large patch of irises and lamb's ear has encroached on my strawberry bed, so I am digging that up and putting it elsewhere.

Coming soon...more dinner time photos, including Tacos and French Bread Pizza. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about your strawberry bed. It seems that you are growing these as a perennial, which is something I am interested in. All the books say to plant strawberry crowns, but I can only find strawberry plants in my area. Also, October is when you plant strawberries in Louisiana, so I was wondering if I buy one of those leggy-looking plants, do I just snip off the offshoots and plant them separately into some sort of bed form, or do I plant the whole plant, legs and all?