Tuesday, October 30, 2007

point and counterpoint

it's rather ironic that I wrote about the goodness of God this morning.

Let me tell you what I did when I got up from the computer just after posting that:

Deciding that it sounded like the washing machine had been running too long, I went to the basement to check the situation out. what I found made my heart sink. My sump pump was no longer running. Water was up to my ankles in the basement. My washing machine was spitting water up everywhere while it ran into the washing machine and directly out of the top and the bottom of it. I looked inside and it wasn't even half way filled with clothes so I don't get that at all...after the last washer died, I have been diligent about not putting too much into the washer, and it was well within those parameters. The floor was covered in wet dryer lint (I keep the dryer lint in a box--it makes great fire starter for bon fires...well, not anymore...it only works if it doesn't take a swim first LOL). the dryer, which should have been running was not. In fact, the clothing in the dryer was just as wet as when I put it in the dryer, only a little warm on one side, so I turned it on only to have it do nothing.

I knew the washer was fairly new, so I looked up the warrenty information. the warrenty expired three days ago (of course it did--do they program that to happen?!?).

Oh, and the furnace isn't working. it broke last night when it hit about 30F in my house. Brrrrrrrrrr Thankfully we know how to fix that...we've had this happen before when we first moved in. the ignitor burned out.

My dh told me to call around to find the ignitor for the furnace, and when I did, it was in stock somewhere on my dh's drive home but apparently he wouldn't get there in time (it closed just as he was getting out of work), so he wound up coming home early because I didn't have any gas in the van and can't drive it too far anyway because I am on borrowed time with the van (everyone who knows anything about cars has told me not to drive it unless absolutely necessary until it is repaired). He hurried home all the more when he heard me crying my eyes out about the washer, dryer, sump pump, and the fact that I've been on the receiving end of many complaints today via email and telephone.

Whataday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kimberly! Just remember, "The darkest hour is just before dawn!" You are in my prayers today. Desert Lady