Friday, December 05, 2008

My Christmas Wish List

Today, I'm going to get a little bit silly. This post is more of a fun one.

It seems like various persons in my family struggle with what to get me for Christmas and yet I have stated that Gift Certificates to Amazon.com (or any Bookstore), or an iTunes gift card (of any amount) would make me super happy, and thus these have been the only two items on my list for the last 6 years...there's really not a lot of mystery in what to get me for Christmas or my birthday because my request stays the same from year to year...This post is really a response to a discussion I was told about by my children in which adult family members (you know who you are) were murmuring about how hard it is to get me a "real gift" because they hate giving gift cards...which also makes me wonder if they hate the fact that I get them gift cards...hmmmm...doesn't everyone love gift cards? :-)

Well, here is my "real gift" wish list....and it may inspire you for those hard to buy for people in your life too ;)...though I think that a gift card to Amazon may be easier and cheaper. Group gift maybe? I figure I can post this here since most of them now read my blog and then I don't feel so much like I'm asking. Hi mom! :-)

1. Clocky
At the top of the list, we have a Clocky. This gift was MADE for me. Clocky is an alarm clock which you need to chase around the bedroom before you can turn it off...it is robotic and has mountain bike wheels on it. This is perfect, as I am able to both hit the snooze, turn on my coffee pot, and hit the switch to download email to my phone each morning without even waking up (my husband has observed this and finds this to be my most annoying trait). This would make a nice group gift.

Check out this video of a Clocky in action.


2. Replacement bowls for my dinner set (Gibson: Fruit), because most of my bowls are broken after 17 years of marriage...oddly the plates are all okay and I don't know why that is. Strange, huh? (Ruth, my 15 year old daughter, interjects: "It's because we eat a lot of soup and salad in our house"). This is one of those gifts that family members will say is a "household gift" and therefore should not count as a Christmas present. Still, it would make me super happy.

3. I was going to ask for an upgrade on memory for my cell phone but I just learned that my sweet children pooled their resources and bought me one for Christmas. Thanks, kids. :-)). Out of all of the things in the Tiger Direct catalog, they knew just what mommy wanted, and they have my skill of finding things like this on sale...woo hoo.

4. I need the air conditioning compressor in the van fixed but I am pretty sure everyone would tell me "that's not a Christmas present". Still, it bears mentioning. It's probably more important than a clocky, unless you are frustrated by my inability to get up in the morning.


5. I already got my request filled from the Lord....snow and lots of it. Thank you, Jesus. I love it, it's perfect, even if everyone else is grumbling about it. And thanks for the snow tires too. You always know just what I need. :-)

If all of this seems way too complicated, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and iTunes all have gift cards. Any amount. I'm easy to please. :-)

No comments: