Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Some Good Fruit on a not so good day

I'm having a bad day.

I have been in pain for the last 6 months, but last week it became unbearable, and so I finally went to the doctor, only to be told that I need surgery on my shoulder and having seen my x-rays it hurts even more now LOL I have been feeling pretty stiff and having a hard time using my hands.

But I was blessed today by some good fruit from seeds sown years ago.

I hate medical situations and such because I don't really have too many people around me that I can call on in an emergency, and those that I can call on are also busy mommies that I would rather not add my burden onto their busy lives. I tend to be a do-it-yourselfer, for better or worse.

Well, this morning, I woke up a little later than usual (having been given some serious drugs last night, and being unable to sleep because of hospital-related nightmares ;)) only to find out that life goes on without me. ;) My 10 year old daughter was making French Toast. My coffee was brewed, poured, and handed to me. Another child directed me to a chair with a heating pad hook up. Today, they did their schoolwork, shoveled the snow, washed and folded laundry, cooked dinner (venison steaks!), and cleaned the house cheerfully, amid giving me hugs and well wishes.

I love having older children.

2 comments:

Bethany Hudson said...

With a 16-month-old daughter and a baby on the way this spring, this post was very inspiring to me. It is an encouragment that the time and effort I put in everyday with my children while they are young is truly going to help them grow into capable and thoughtful children and someday adults. I'm glad you are reaping what you have sown!
~Bethany

Kimberly Eddy said...

Bethany, thank you. It may take longer to do things with a 16 month old "helping" you but in the long run it is worth it :-)