Friday, December 19, 2008

Ode to Tolerance

Well, my computer is finally on the road to recovery, thanks in part to a reader and her husband, and the Ultimate Boot CD. I now have to reinstall everything back on that computer to get it fully functioning, but thankfully it's working again.

Today, I was reading the news, and this small, barely-reported story caught my attention (it was not even under "news" but under "religious news"). Two things stood out: one, that it didn't make headlines that someone poured flammable stuff around the entrances of Gov. Palin's church and lit it on fire while people were inside, or that no one thinks this is a hate crime. I guess it's only a hate crime if it is some politically correct minority.

Kudos to the Wasilla Bible church for the grace with which they've handled this situation.

No comments: