Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unreal and Beyond Absurd

I have avoided the news for the last 6 months only because it seems to make me feel worse. You too?

Well, I feel like we the people do need to rise up in revolt over this whole bailout scheme. A news report today reported that bailed out failures Goldman Sachs and AIG (Among others)are paying Christmas bonuses with your tax dollars. Did YOU or anyone in your family get a bonus this year? Our company told my dh that they didn't have any money this year...and hasn't for the last 8 years in fact (unless you were of the same upper management that ran the company into the ground with bad business decisions...in which case you do deserve a bonus!). It's time they stop giving OUR money to overpaid losers at these companies, or in congress for that matter.

Goldman Sachs and AIG (Among others) are saying that this was necessary to keep their top talent. TALENT? Oh, you mean the PEOPLE WHO RAN YOUR COMPANY INTO THE GROUND IN THE FIRST PLACE?? Yeah, I could see why you would want to keep them. (NOT!) There are also reports that they are still flying around in corporate jets, you know, suffering through this hard time like everyone else.

Oh, wait, I don't have a corporate jet, nor do any of my neighbors who are having genuine rough times, but no bail out.

I am not at all against making money, being rich, or successful at all. I think it is a great thing if God enables you to be a success. Hey, if you earned that private jet, enjoy it. I would love to have one myself!!...I am against people who are poorly managing money, resources, time, and talents, and ignoring warning signs of danger ahead (whether they be "rich" or "poor") who then steal out of my wallet via a taxpayer funded bailout of any size...The writing has been on the wall for a long time, but they just went on, business as usual, tooling around in their private jets with their hands out asking for money, and threatening financial ruin for our country if we don't play ball on this. I am all for helping someone who gets into a lurch...but I am not for rewarding ineptitude without any oversight or rules.

It's like loaning money to that one relative who you know needs it for some need...but who is so without self control they are going to blow it on whatever grabs their attention the second it is burning a hole in their pocket. It's the friend who never has any money, but always has toys, and a hand out. Note to execs (and other classes of mooches): if you have run your company into the ground, you could sell us all that sympathy thing a little more effectively if you took the public transit system.

In addition, as predicted (in my heated and unpopular discussions on this topic with relatives over the holidays), when you bail out one industry (banks) and then another (autos), you will soon find that EVERY industry has their hand out. Is it not so? Everyone wants a slice of the proverbial pie (of YOUR money, as a US taxpayer!! YOUR MONEY AND MINE). [to be fair....the auto industry just wants a loan, which they asked for after flying THEIR private jets to washington to cry poverty].

Now "adult industry" mogul Larry Flynt (I am using that term in quotes, and very loosely as I think it is an insult to adults....but if I use the other word for that industry, most filters will block my blog) now says that HIS industry also needs a bailout. *sigh*. Hopefully congress has enough good sense not to touch that one, but with the idiotic policies they've passed through as of late, I am not really hopeful at all....

...thankfully I trust in the God who owns a cattle on a thousand hills to be my provider, not the US Government. I'd be in despair right now were it not for my faith in the Lord!!!

No comments: