Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Real Reality

Most people know the quote "we walk by faith and not by sight", and sometimes it even comes across as a little bit cliche.

So it is with the reality of WHO we are in Christ and WHAT we have. Did you know I am RICH? If you are a Christian, so are you? Of course, today as I sit here, I don't have two pennies in my purse to rub together, but nonetheless, I am rich. I am blessed. I am chosen, I am sealed with the holy Ghost. I am forgiven. God has accepted me in the beloved.

We are continuing our study in Ephesians 1 in Sunday school and this was primarily what the theme was about, and it went well with the Sunday morning message as well--which was on Psalm 108, and standing fixed or steadfast.

I'll be the first to admit, I fail more often than I wish I did in these areas. I am an analytical person. I know people always say women are more emotional and men are more analytical but I tend to not fit in that mold. I like things to make sense to me in black and white, on paper (or computer screen). I don't naturally walk by faith. I like to make out goals and plans, and have all of the contingencies covered. When things go wrong, sometimes, if I am in the Spirit, I react properly, thanking God anyway, and all that. If I am in the flesh, I have some degree of meltdown, temper-tantrum or hissy fit. I do NOT like my plans being messed with.

BUT, God has a plan for our lives too...and sometimes that plan conflicts with our plans. When we're looking at ME--my plans, what I want, etc. instead of looking at God...what God has done for us, what God is doing for us, what God has promised us, that God is involved in our lives working out His plans and purposes in just the right way...we can be miserable. When we look at God and what He is doing, it changes everything.

Someone in our church lost their baby in the middle of the pregnancy--but God is still faithful, and is working out His plans and purposes in their lives. So many health great health issues. One dear saint I know online lost her husband this week, and another wrote to an egroup about losing her dad---and yet God has a plan and purpose in all of it.

The real difference in how we handle the adversity we deal with based on whether or not we have our eyes on God or if we are "looking out for number 1" (ourselves). I've found that the God who declares the end from the beginning is much better at deciding what is best for me than I am, because I only see in the here and now, as do you.

Read Ephesians 1 today...and think about it.

No comments: