Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Christmas Gift for My Hubby(Shhhhh, don't tell!)



My husband and I met 17 years and many pounds ago ;)....and over the course of time, our wedding rings stopped fitting. I had mine cut off of my hand during one of my pregnancies when the usual pregnancy swelling made my ring too tight, cutting off my hand circulation (ouch). Martin had to take his off every day at work (company rules when working on machinery), and eventually it became harder and harder to get it back on.

I don't like not wearing a wedding ring because I feel like it is not avoiding the appearance of evil to be out with a bunch of kids and no wedding ring, and I want others to know (especially guys!) that I am married.

A few months ago, we were out together, and I saw a beautiful and very inexpensive ring in my size...and so that has become my wedding ring. Martin asked me a short while later for a wedding ring for him if I find one, so I got his ring size and started looking.

I found a nice, plain stainless steel band at Walmart for under $50, and they even engraved it (for free). I was thrilled to have it come in yesterday. It is engraved with:

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine." (Song of Solomon 6:3).

I can't wait to give it to him. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to wait until Christmas. LOL

No comments: