Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Month of Thanksgiving: Because of His Lovingkindness and Faithfulness

I again snoozed on sending out my month of faithfulness blog posts.I realized I had missed a few when I checked my RSS feed today, and it turns out there were a few more I didn't hit publish on. I don't know why I zone on that ;)

I was challenged this week about having an attitude of thanksgiving during our Wednesday Night Bible study at our church. I thought it was appropriate, given that I am also trying to focus on thanksgiving. I find that an attitude of thanksgiving really does breed contentment in my own heart. When I verbalize thankfulness (even if I don't "feel like it"), God works in my heart, and the thankfulness I am saying starts to seep in.

One of the things that was suggested during the message was to send out at thank you note every week for the next year to someone who has been a positive influence on you and who has blessed you in some way. I started to realize that I don't do that enough. I don't think any of us really do. We are faster to complain than we are to say thank you when we get bad service (if you don't believe me, try waiting tables for a month, or answering customer service emails). Complaints bring people down, but compliments energize us and keep us going. A reader recently sent me a compliment and I have been flying high on that compliment for the last few days. :-). Who can you BLESS by saying thank you this week? Why not write them an email? Send them a note?

God's lovingkindness is another reason to thank and praise Him. We are not just to thank Him for it for the sake of thanking Him but to let others know of this lovingkindness of God. This world needs to know of His goodness!


It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night.
(Psalm 92:1-2)


Did you know that His lovingkindness and mercy is new every morning? We always want a fresh start, and some people wait until January 1st for their fresh start on a new diet, a new devotional plan, a new habit, or kicking an old habit, but God gives us a fresh start every time the sun rises!


"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."
(Lamentations 3:22-23)

No comments: