Friday, November 07, 2008

A Month of Thanksgiving, part two

Continuing with my series, a month of Thanksgiving...we give thanks because of the most important thing that ever happened to us: our salvation.

I think that maybe, sometimes, after being saved for a while we lose the absolute wonder and amazement that every child of God should be feeling towards the powerful truth that God Loves Me. This truth is really mind boggling.

Even more, He loved me (and everyone else) so much, that He sent His only begotten son to die on a Cross for my sins. Jesus willingly left the riches of heaven to be born in a stable to a poor family, and to grow up and die for all mankind. That is almost too much to grasp at times when you really think about it.


And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.
1 Chronicles 16:35


Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Psalm 30:4, 11-12


Thank Him for His Salvation!

No comments: