Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On My Mind Today

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
Proverbs 21:1



Today I braved the crowds, and voted early. Just got back, actually. I live in a very small town outside of Lapeer Michigan, not some big metropolis (I feel for ya'll in urban and suburban areas!), and we had something I've never seen before at our polling location: a wait! We had no parking available when I arrived, and a line that wrapped through the fire hall. This is a good thing. People need to be involved in THEIR country. Whenever people at work would complain about President Bush, my husband would say, "So, you voted for the other guy, huh?" but most people admitted they didn't vote. My husband would always say, "Then please, don't complain with what you got."

Ultimately, though, God is the one who is in control, no matter who wins. God isn't running for president. He's sovereign over all anyway, with or without our approval. We may not always get the leader we want, but God always allows us to get the leader our country needs and deserves (scary thought). We need to vote our conscience, and leave the results up to him.

Oh, and after you vote, go on down to Starbucks Coffee, where you get a free tall coffee just for voting! Thanks, Starbucks. I wonder if they'd still give me my coffee after finding out how I voted ....lol.

No comments: